The Salt Lake City Police Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created in December 2011.
Supporting the Salt Lake City Police Department through community connections, thereby building stronger and safer neighborhoods.
While it is the responsibility of the city to support police and keep people safe, the Foundation was created to build community policing objectives. Community policing means preventing crime, instead of just reacting to it. The approach is to create a relationship allowing police to be a part of the community, not apart from it, so enforcement is not necessary.
- Explorers Program (year-round)
- Weekend Hoops (year-round)
- SLCPD Officer Submitted Projects/Proposals (year-round)
- Gun Buy Back Program (March)
- Annual Awards Luncheon (May)
- Police Appreciation Day with Families (Spring)
- Summer Golf Program (Summer)
- Promising Youth (Summer)
- Police Pay It Forward – Back to School (August)
- Trick or Treat (October)
- Police Pay It Forward - Holiday Shopping (December)
Please read more about these programs at the Salt Lake Police Department's website.